Bio CNG is the purified form of Biogas where all the unwanted gases are removed to produce >95% pure methane gas.
Bio CNG is exactly similar to the commercially available natural gas (CV: ~52000 KJ/Kg) in its composition and energy potential. As it is generated from biomass, it is
considered a renewable source of energy and thus, attracts all the commercial benefits applicable to other renewable sources of energy.
BENEFITS OF BIO CNG PLANTS:
- A non-polluting and renewable source of energy is created in biogas plant.
- It is an excellent way of energy conversion.
- Biogas plants produce enriched organic manure. This can be used as fertilizers.
- Biogas as a gas provides improvement in the environment, and sanitation and hygiene.
- The biogas plants provide a source for decentralized power generation.
Plants are designed to pay back in 1-2 years.